Effective Date: March 1, 2017
This User Agreement (this “Agreement”) is a contract between you (“you” or “User”) and https://ournv.org/. (“we,” or “us”). You must read, agree to, and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement in order to use our website located at https://ournv.org including mobile websites and applications, owned and operated by us, our predecessors or successors in interest, or our Affiliates (collectively, the “Site”).
1. CONSENT TO USE ELECTRONIC RECORDS
In order to ensure that we are able to provide records and notices to you electronically, you agree to notify us immediately of any change in your email address by updating your Account information on the Site or by contacting us. In addition, so that we may communicate with you via the U.S. Postal Service and other third-party mail services, you agree to notify us immediately of any change in your address.
2. USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS
When you register for an Account, you will be asked to choose a username and password for the Account. You are entirely responsible for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your Account.
3. PURPOSE OF THE SITE AND SITE SERVICES
We believe democracy is most effective when supported by an engaged public. OurNV.org is a non-partisan platform designed to help citizens become leaders in their community. All petitions are submitted by registered guests. Once you are logged-in you can vote, add your opinions, or submit a petition supporting your passion. Legislators are encouraged to adopt petitions and collaborate with advocates to pass legislation. Petitions are linked to social media and email campaigns can be used to call advocates to action.
4. PETITIONS AND SURVEYS
For petitions and surveys you’ve signed or completed, we treat your name, city, state, and comments as public information—for example, we may provide compilations of petitions, with your comments, to world leaders and other targets, or to the press. We will not make your street address publicly available, but we may transmit it to the designated target as part of a petition. This is a standard industry practice in such situations. In no such case will we disclose your email address or phone number, without your permission. We may also make your comments, along with your first name, city and state available to the press and public online. When you do give permission for us to share your email address as part of a campaign, we are not responsible for the content or use of your email address by campaign targets.
5. PROHIBITED USES
- In any way that violates any applicable national, regional, federal, state, local and international law or regulation. For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the Content Standards set out in these Terms.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate US, another user, or person or entity (including, without limitation, the use of e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing), or to register to use the site on behalf of any group or entity.
- To harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of Users from the Service or the Site by electronic or other means for any purpose.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm us or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
- For any commercial purpose.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.